I got one quilt done so far and the second one just needs the binding put on. I have 8 squares for the third quilt, but there are a couple of the kids that I'm not sure who they are or where they came from. The teacher gave me a list of the kids in the class and there are two blocks with names that aren't on the list! So, I needed one more block for the second quilt and just added in the 'mystery' child block and hope someone knows who this child is ;)
I'm going to put together a tutorial for making these quilts tomorrow in case you like this idea and want to do this with your child's class or even your own children. It is really easy and fun. This was not my idea so I hope nobody gets mad at me for sharing something they came up with. Alycia, from Alycia Quilts (on the left side bar) shared how she does her quilts and I took her idea and added my own twist and this is what I ended up with. I'm really happy with the results and I hope that these parents will bid on the quilts and they help raise some money for the preschool.
My little guy helped with his quilt. He picked out the two boys on either side of him because 'they are nice and don't hit'. Then, he put his teacher's square under his because he wanted to be next to the teacher. I may have to bid on this quilt myself!
This is the first quilt, ready to go.