Monday, December 31, 2012

The last few


With today being the end of 2012, I don't think I will make my challenge of 100 more quilts from the start of school to now.  These are 62 and 63.  I am going to try and get at least 2 more done today, but who knows what the day will bring.  It is so nice being a teacher and having time off, but I find my days are spent on the computer or piddling around not getting much done.  It is really nice having the time every day to get my walk in.  Hubby and I walk about an hour every day and go between 2.5 and 4 miles a day, depending on how cold it is outside and how my legs are feeling.  My left knee and ankle have been giving me troubles and i took a couple days off last week which really helped.

Tonight is Family Game Night, my 2nd daughter's favorite time of year.  She LOVES to play games with the family.  The rest of us oblige her a couple times a year. We always enjoy ourselves once we get started and stay up until midnight and then jump into the New Year off the couch.  Then we run outside and bang pots and pans and yell and scream and come back inside and go to bed :)  I know, crazy right?

3 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

I too love games!! Interesting that you run outside and bang pots and pans on New Years. We will have to try that, but no running, ...just banging! ha

SewCalGal said...

I'm impressed with all the quilts you've made. Great job! Have fun playing games with your family tonight. And have fun being crazy at midnight banging pots and pans to welcome in the New Year.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Quiltingranny said...

I like you can find time to waste on the computer. However, the grands and I have taken up walking and it has shown me I need to have the pin removed from my ankle so it will feel better when I walk.
Feel better my friend, praying you do!