Sunday, December 16, 2012

I should be grading papers

But instead I'm quilting again.  I sent off 24 quilts yesterday for the families in Connecticut and have an empty bucket.  I called my binding friend yesterday and she came over right away to pick up about a dozen quilts that need binding.  It is so nice to have quilts on hand, ready to go when they are needed most.

I read on the internet that Project Linus is sending or has sent 700 blankets already.  There are 600-700 students at the school.  Binky Patrol is planning on around 300.  Every child that had to experience this tragedy will be covered by a tangible hug in the form of a quilt or blanket.  It is nice to be able to help out.  Love in action.

The papers will be there all week.  They don't demand as much attention as my quilting.

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

Love in action. I like that!!