Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finally here

My new to me embroidery machine got here today after a very long trip from Indiana.  I guess with Christmas mail and winter storms, that was to be expected.

I wanted an embroidery machine so I could make labels for my quilts and make patches for my husband's high school tennis team.  We spend $10 a patch and after playing with my machine, I know I will be able to make them much cheaper.  So many things to learn about this new hobby.  This is the first successful snowflake I made today.  I will get a small embroidery hoop and turn it into a Christmas tree ornament.

It takes a long time to stitch out and the thread broke about a dozen times.  I think I need different thread.  I remember when I first got my quilting machine and it kept shredding the thread until I finally found some threads it liked.

I know this is going to be a fun and addictive new hobby.  And the best part will be that I can start up the machine and do some sewing or quilting and then check on it when it beeps at me.  It is mesmerizing to watch though!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh fun!!!! Enjoy it.

Farm Quilter said...

I love mine - it was new-to-me too!!! Mine says that I shouldn't leave it while it's stitching - breaking thread, bobbin runs out - but I made a tube filled with rice that I can put on the foot pedal and let it run. Just like my longarm, it makes a different sound when the thread breaks or the bobbin runs out - just need to remember to listen for it!! Have a blast!