Sunday, December 27, 2009

So frustrated

Not only do I have a migrane and have been laying around all day, but when I finally decided to do something so the day wasn't a total waste, the quilting machine is giving me fits. This goes back to when I first got the machine and the thread broke every 8 inches of quilting. I have no idea what the problem is. I've tried everything, changing the needle, changing the thread, cleaning everything I can find. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the fabric in this quilt top. There is one type of fabric with some gold glittery parts that I don't think the machine likes very much. Problem is, I have miles of quilt top to go before I can take the quilt off the frame and not sure what to do next. Maybe I will have to put an old machine on the frame and use that. Like my old kenmore. That thing had a small throat to quilt with, but didn't give me nearly the troubles the Janome 1600P DB does with thread breaking. When it works, it works great and will quilt 200 quilts with no troubles at all, but when it gets tempermental, boy does it make me want to throw it out the window. Of course, having a migraine doesn't help the situation. There is probably something easy to fix, that I just can't see right now.

Maybe I should go sort quilt books and magazines instead. That won't hurt my brain as much and the quilt will still be there tomorrow. It's just frustrating to not be able to do what you want when you want to.

No comments: