Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old

So, looking back on 2009 brings good memories. Lots of things were accomplished in the quilting world this year. I'm going to work today to finish up as many quilt tops as I can and try to get them to my friend for binding. I hear she has some finished ones for me. I think I have 17 quilt tops hanging on the rack and know I can't get them all done, but I started off the year with 24 quilt tops so I'm ahead so far (unless someone brings me more today!)

The quilting room is looking better than it did this time last year, although there seems to be more fabric in there. Not quite sure how that happened as I really don't remember buying much :) I do think I brought a lot in from the garage and shed and hope this upcomingyear to bring the rest in, which means I have to use up a whole bunch. That shouldn't be too much of a problem at the rate I went through fabric this year. If I figure each quilt takes an average of 5 yards of fabric and I quilted about 175 quilts (counting what I plan to get done today) that's 875 yards of fabric used this year. Give or take a couple of yards. Wow, that's a lot of fabric. And you can't tell I used any.

I'm going to sit today and make some goals for the new year, take down the Christmas tree and start cleaning the boys' room. If you don't hear from me, please send help. I may get burried in there. Don't worry, I probably won't starve to death. I'm sure I will find plenty to eat, although I'm sure it is old and moldy.

Tonight we are having 'family game night' and will jump into the New Year.

Wishing you the best for 2010.

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

Hi Marilyn, I just read your comment on Judy L's post......do you mind if I join you in becoming a feather queen???
Good luck with the boys room, I haven't had to do that for a long time and I can't say I miss it. ;-)
Happy 2010