Sunday, November 15, 2009

finally finished something


It has been so long since I finished something and it feels so good. I got the quilt bound and in the mail to the wounded Iraq soldier who is the cousin of a long friend. We grew up 2 houses apart. She is younger than me and we used to spend all day together playing Barbies, or house or Land of the Lost when we were kids. It felt sooo good to finish something and didn't take long at all to quilt and bind the quilt today. I really need to get back in the swing of things again. I miss having finishes to share. But, after this quilt, I haven't done much, little shopping, cooked a turkey and sat around on the computer. I got my turkey last weekend (buy $99 worth of groceries and get a free turkey) and put it in the garage fridge. Well, it was thawed out today and I forgot that Thanksgiving isn't for another week and a half so it wouldn't be good by then, so I decided to cook it today. It is done and smells so good. I think I might go back and get another turkey. I spend about $200 a week on groceries so spending the money isn't a problem :) The problem is going to be waiting until dinner time to eat it. I'm hungry now. I think I will sneak a piece and then when dinner comes around, I won't be hungry. Oh, well, then I can eat again before bed. It's a wonder I don't weigh 300 pounds.


Ok, off this computer and hope to get something productive done before bedtime.

No comments: