Wednesday, August 1, 2018

quilts for the Carr fire in Redding, Ca

 Yesterday, my friend, in the top, left of the above picture, took about 75 quilts and blankets to Redding to give out to those affected by the Carr fire. She gave a batch to local fire fighters who have lost homes in the fire. She also gave some to a shelter that was housing families who ha been displaced because they have lost homes.
This morning on the news they said that over 110,000 acres have burned and more than 1000 structures have burned.  30% of the fire is now contained but that means the end of the fire is still a long way off.

We are having a work day on August 9 and another group is meeting tomorrow to make quilts. Lots of quilters are getting together or working from home to help bring a little comfort to those who have lost everything.

I am trying to balance getting ready to go back to school with working on quilts and trying to get my house put back together.  It currently looks like a bomb went off. I tend to start many projects during the summer and then get side tracked by other projects and leave things unfinished and laying out because I might come back and finish the first thing I started. Hopefully in 3 weeks when school starts up again, I will have a clean house and rested body and classroom ready for my students.

No comments: