Saturday, August 18, 2018

Don't just bloom-produce fruit

 I was telling my dad about this tomato plant at my school that is growing in a weed patch. I was at school this morning and snapped a picture to show him. I guess it's not really a weed patch, but rather an empty, dry used to be weed patch where nothing should be growing. Not only is this tomato plant growing, it is producing tons of cherry tomatoes. From what I can tell, nobody is watering this little guy. The nearest sprinkler is so far away that the overspay has no way of reaching it. Somehow it is getting to water and doing what it does best-making lots of tomatoes!

Of course, I see a lesson here. No matter where you end up in life, do what you were meant to do. Not only bloom, but produce fruit!
I'm feeling better today. My shoulder and knee are more shades of purple but aren't as sore to move. I had to go into the Occupational Therapist doctor yesterday. My work is covering the medical expenses under Workman's Comp because I was at school volunteering, so that's a blessing. We have a Health Saving's Account which means we have to pay for everything out of pocket until out $5400 deductible is covered for the year. The CT scan alone is over $2K and each doctor visit cost $125. I have to go back in one more time to see the doctor so they can make sure I'm healing well enough.

The doctor said I just missed the fascia (connective tissue that surrounds muscle) on my head that would have caused a big bruise on my eye and cheek. Bummer. Now, I won't get a bunch of sympathy on the first day back. :) But at least I will still look pretty.

I didn't do any damage to my shoulder or knee other than the bruise and scrapes. The Lord was watching over me when I fell for sure. A bruised ego, and some soft tissue damage and a headache and that's about it. I'm having the hardest time with resting. I don't know what that word means! I have so much to do and just sitting still is the worst. I'm sure there is a lesson here too, but I haven't learned it yet.

No comments: