Friday, August 10, 2018

Binky quilt day

 We had a quilt day and about 20 ladies got together to work on quilts for the people affected by the Carr fire.
 Some ladies put bindings on the quilts that had been quilted by my friend Carla and me. Some ladies sorted boxes of fabric scraps. I have about 30 boxes and brought 4 boxes to be sorted. All of the boxes I brought and the boxes and bags that were donated were sorted by size so they could be cut using the die cut machine into pieces to be sewn back together.
 Some people worked on sewing the pieces together to make quilt tops.
I sewed together binding strips and then worked on a quilt top. It was a great day. We got about 30 quilts finished up and got another 30 or so started. We are never finished with anything. There are always more quilts in the works. We are always ready for the next need. The next round of quilts are headed up to Redding tomorrow.

No comments: