Saturday, September 24, 2011

a journey begins

...with just one step, or so the saying goes.

Since my doctor can't figure out what is wrong with me, I figure I had better take things into my own hands.  All research points to better health through exercise, sleep, drinking more water and a better diet.  All things I have control over.

So, the journey begins today, with walking more, sleeping more and drinking more water.  Adding more fiber to the diet began a couple of days ago, both through fiber supliments and more fruits and we will see if all of the research pays off.  I think I read somewhere that more quilting makes you live longer too.  Oh, wait, maybe that was here on my blog :)  Well, if it doesn't kill you, it certainly makes you stronger.  Or gives you sore muscles to prove that quilting is exercise!

I know I said I need more boy quilts, but I just have so many girl quilt tops in the pile that have already been paired with backings that they are just so easy to grab.  The boy quilts need more effort to put together and with being sick again (teaching exposes you to many cooties) I just haven't had the energy to give it much effort this week.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'd love to have a walking partner. When do you want to go?