I've never been good at resolutions, but that has never stopped me from making them. This year I have some goals that I can share here.
1. I'd like to become a Feather Queen. I'd like to be able to make feathers that actually look like feathers and go where I want them to go, not where they want to go. I know it will take alot of practice, so over the next year, expect to see a lot of quilts with feathers on them. I have a couple of books and a DVD that are all about making feathers, so I plan to pull those out and get started on them soon.
2. Organization. I've already started on this one, working on the sewing room and the boys' rooms this week, but there is a long way to go. By the end of the year, I'd like to have gone through every room in the house and touched everything I own. If I don't love it or it doesn't have a home, it needs to go. I know it will be a lot of work, but I'm so tired of being a slave to my stuff and having it take over my life that during every vacation, I spend so much time trying to organize all of the junk that doesn't belong. I need to get stuff out that nobody uses and make room for the stuff we do use and make room for the people who live here. That's a big goal, but if I set smaller goals for each month, I think I can get through this.
3. Work. I have been putting in more hours at work this year and it is frustrating. I need to work smarter, not longer and make better use of my time at school and stop wasting so much of it. I need to stop bringing work home and feeling guilty about not getting it done. This goes along with organization.
4. Quilts. This year I got about 175 quilts quilted and I'd like to get at least that many done for 2010. I'd also like to cut more fabric this year and get more quilt kits made up. Fabric sitting on the shelf is not doing anyone any good. I'd like to get all of the fabric that is in the garage into the house so it can be used.
5. Fun. I take things way too seriously often. I need to relax and find the fun in things more often. I think this starts with myself. If I can laugh at myself and let things go that often bother me, I think I will be able to forgive others easier.
Those are the personal goals I can share here. There are others too.
It will be fun to look back next year and see what has changed.
Here's to a great 2010.