Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom


It was yesterday, but I wanted to take a minute to say Happy Birthday to you. And to say thank you for everything you taught me growing up. I never took the time when I was at home to thank you for all that you did for me. For the 17,000 loads of laundry you washed, hung on the line, folded and put away for me. For the 274 times you brought me my lunch when I forgot it at home. For the many times you sat with me when I was sick and cleaned up after I made messes when I didn't quite make it to the bathroom.


Thank you for instilling a love of quilting, crocheting, knitting, gardening and all things crafty. Thanks for teaching me how to cook (and how to clean--eventhough I don't do that very well) and teaching me how to love my children unconditionally.


Thank you for letting me make my own mistakes and only very rarely saying "I told you so".


Thanks for putting up with all of my creatures, from snails and slugs and everything that creeps and crawls to the dog that 'would not come in the house!' to the birds and furry things that smelled really bad.


Thanks for taking me to church on Sunday mornings and yelling "you hoo" to the paper boy on the way home.


Thanks for being the best mom ever.

No comments: