Monday, May 30, 2016

productive weekend

11 hours of grading this weekend and I still managed to get 5 quilts done.  I counted and there are 74 quilts hanging in the closet in my son's room.  He came home for a little bit this weekend and 'gently' reminded me that he would like his room back when he returns in 2 weeks.  There is no way I will have all 74 quilts quilted by the time he returns, but at least I know how many there are and have an idea of where I need to go to get them all done.  Once summer is here, I will have lots more time for quilting.

My daughter gave me her old iPhone 5 last week and I'm loving having so many things that I can do on my phone now.  I downloaded an app called Productive that lets me keep track of all of the things I want to do in a day.  Things like drink more water and take the dogs for a walk and read my Bible and do more quilting.  Some days I just want to sit on the couch and be lazy, like today, but getting a little reminder that there are things to be done helps get me off the couch and get some things done around the house.

I've decided it is really time to tackle the mess that is in the garage so I started in one corner and have actually thrown things away.  Today I threw away the banner I made for my oldest daughter's soccer team when she was about 7.  She is now 26.  If you could tell me why I still had it after all of these years, that would be great.  It had stars on it with all the names of the players painted on.  I have no idea who these girls ar.  It was covered with spider webs and falling apart, yet there it sat for the past 19 years, waiting for today.

I also threw away some things that had been ruined by moths and rats.  I once had visions of spinning my own yarn and came across some wool that was full of moths and bobbing that had been chewed by rats.  Into the trash they went.  I can actually see the floor in one corner of the garage and the garbage can is full.  Good thing we have two cans, so there is one for the house garbage.  Pick up day is Thursday.  Now, to keep motivated throughout the summer and hopefully get rid of half the stuff that is out there that hasn't been touched in the 11 years we've lived in this house.

No comments: