Sunday, May 15, 2016

Binky Sunday

Today we gathered at A Quilted Heart in Vacaville to work on quilts for the Fort McMurray fire victims.  I didn't even realize, but there was an article in the newspaper about our gathering.

http://www.thereporter.com/general-news/20160511/vacaville-binky-patrol-needs-donors-to-help-canada-fire-victims

 We meet at the quilt shop every other month and then in between regular meetings we will sometimes meet at my friend Carla's house to cut up fabric into quilt kits, sew quilt tops together and sort fabric.  The three hours flies by and we get a lot done.  I wish I could quit my job and just quilt all day every day because there is such a need for quilts.  Our goal this time around is 500 quilts by July 15.  We have about 10 so far :)  Hey, it's a start.  I did get one lady to volunteer a spare bedroom to house the quilts until it is time to ship them out.  That is a huge blessing because my house is overfull with the quilt tops and fabric that has been donated.  I really need to spend more time quilting and less time on the computer!
I was so busy working today that I forgot to take any pictures.  There were some really nice quilts donated today and we got a few quilt tops finished up.  A bag of scrap fabric was donated and we almost cut it all up.  I took two bags of fat quarters and almost all of those got cut into 6 1/2 inch squares and that will make several quilts.  Looks like I will be keeping busy once summer vacation starts which is in 14 days (school days that is).  I can hardly wait.


No comments: