Saturday, May 21, 2016

Dusting off the old quilting machine

If we hope to get 500 quilts to Canada by July, I had better get myself busy.  I have probably 100 quilt tops waiting to be quilted so if I can quilt double time, not only will I get quilts finished faster, but I will also clean out the closet for my son when he comes home from college in 3 weeks.  He asked me ever so nicely last weekend when he was home if I would pretty please get all of the quilts out of his room before he came home.  Why not quilt them all up instead of having to move them and then move them again?

Well, I probably won't get all 100 quilts done in 3 weeks, but if I can use both quilting machines at the same time, I can certainly make a bigger dent in the pile!  I had my old quilting machine set up in the living room for the past year or so, but haven't used it yet.  This quilt has been on the frame this whole time.  I have to admit, it is a bit awkward because things are somewhat cramped and I want to move some things around a bit to make some more room to maneuver, but it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned.

Of course, I had better start off slowly, because this machine isn't robotic and I have to push and pull it and I can already feel my shoulder starting to ache.  I don't want to throw it out on the first day.  So, for today, this will be the only quilt I do.  I may go in and try to move some things, or I may just wait until tomorrow to do the next quilt or any more heavy lifting.

9 more days of school and then I can quilt all day if I want to without the worry of injury and not being able to go to work.

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

That's quite a fete! Good luck! Slow and easy wins the race!