Sunday, November 29, 2015

A little bit of quilting

 I did manage to get a bit of quilting done over my break.  Not as much as I had hoped for, but a little is better than none.
 These first three are really big ones, big enough for a full size bed.  They take more than a day to complete because each row takes more than 30 minutes to stitch out and then I will get busy and forget to go back and move the quilt on to the next row.
 I do love these super scrappy quilts where all of the leftover pieces are used.  They are probably my favorite quilts.  They are easy to pick a quilting design for and easy to choose a backing fabric.  Anything goes with these guys and they are great for a guy or a girl.
 The bold colors are beautiful on this quilt too.  These quick strippie quilts are easy to make and fun to quilt up as well.  They make the perfect lap size quilt for an adult and are great for kids.
Someone donated some really fluffy batting so this quilt will be really puffy and warm.

I managed to get all of my grading done over the break, despite having a 4 day migraine.  I still can't figure out what is triggering them sometimes.  I had grand plans to get more done, but managed to clean the kitchen a bit.  I have two weeks until my kids are home from college and need to get the quilts out of my daughter's room so she has a place to sleep.  I guess having a deadline will motivate me to get moving on some of the projects that must be finished.  Or at least that's my hope!

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

The quilts look great!! Have you heard about getting your ear pierced to prevent migraines? A friend did it and her migraines are gone! I found this information on it: https://drupalsites.purchase.edu/journalism/index.php?q=node/49 Sure hope you can get rid of yours!!!