Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Make it stop!

My vacation seems to be racing by so quickly.  I can't believe there are only 4 days left before having to go back to work/school.

Today was the dentist day. :(  While I do love my dentist and his staff, I hate going there.  They always tell me I need to floss.  Yes, I know I need to floss, but I have only had one cavity in my life and that was because the dentist scraped off enamel so he could seal it.  Then the seal fell off and I got a cavity.  That was about 20 years ago.

My two boys and I all got a clean bill of health, no cavities so we are good for another 6 months :)

I was able to put the border on another quilt, but haven't quilted it yet.  There is still time in the day, so maybe I will get a chance while dinner cooks.

I am also still working on more and more and more snowflakes on my embroidery machine.  I am having way too much fun with that :)  And I played around with an embroidery software program called Embird which allows you to make your own embroidery designs.  It is so complicated and I have so much to learn that I don't think I may ever figure it out.  I want to learn how to make my own embroidery designs so I can make patches for my husband's high school tennis team.  I found a lady that will digitize them for me and I'm going to go with that for now.  Maybe this summer I could take the time to learn how to use the program.  It is pretty expensive too, the basic program is $169 and the add ons are $150 and $20.  Just to make a patch.  But since he has been coaching, we have spent way more than that on the patches we buy.  They are $10 each and we get 20-30 a year.

Ok, off to make dinner and maybe find some sewing time.

2 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

You just never fail to amaze me. Love your projects and goal for the patches! Thanks so much for all your help with Aurora, you rock!

Farm Quilter said...

Just an FYI on floss...it is not just for preventing cavities, but more important it's preventing gum disease. You don't want to lose your perfect teeth to gingivitis, do you? And if heart disease runs in your family, it is even more important that you prevent gum disease. That said, I really enjoy reading your blog and the quilts you create!