Thursday, January 3, 2013

How to waste a day

So glad I found a bit of time today to get this quilt done.  This morning I had to take my daughter's car in because it wouldn't start yesterday.  We just got a new battery about 2 months ago and when she tried to start it, there was nothing.  No clicking, no sputtering, nothing.

So, I jump started the car all by myself (had to ask my son to come out and help me take the cables off cuz I was scared I was going to electrocute myself) and then took her car back to Sam's Club where we got the battery.  After an hour and a half, they had figured out it was a bad battery and put in a new one.  No cost, but time.  I came home for lunch, quilted up this little guy and then went car shopping with my husband.

Nothing more fun than car shopping, except maybe walking on hot coals, or pulling out your hair one by one, but we went to the Nissan, Toyota and Dodge dealerships and found a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 he liked.  After going back and forth many times, we got the price down about $4,000 less than the asking price and got a few oil changes and tire rotations thrown in for free.

This truck is huge!  We don't really need a truck and we definitely don't need a truck this big, but it will be nice to haul things around in.  I just need to find some things to haul now :)

Anybody need help moving?

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

You will be amazed by how much it will be used by you and all of your friends!!!