Sunday, August 16, 2009

My mom's quilts











































My mom sent 8 quilts home with me.




She likes to work on different patterns based on the fabric she has.


















I like to pick a pattern and then pick fabrics that go with the pattern.









When she heard I was driving out in the van, she said, 'bring me some fabric.' I was happy to help her out and brought her a whole bucket of new fabrics for her to play with.







I'm sure the next time I see her she will have more quilts for me :) It is a win/win situation.




















She gets new fabrics to enjoy and I get beautiful quilts to give to kids.










My mom used to be very active in her local Binky Patrol in Long Beach, Ca but when she moved, she hasn't found another group in her area to donate blankets to so everything she makes she gives to me.








We had a great time at the quilt shops looking at the finished quilts hanging on the walls.












We tried to figure out the patterns so we didnt' have to buy them. My mom did buy me a pattern book and the same book for herself, Happy Hour, by Terry Atkinson. Let's see who makes the first quilt from the book. I bet my mom wins :)

No comments: