Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to work

No, I haven't died or fallen off the face of the earth, but boy am I tired!

Starting school again is so exhausting. I had to come home yesterday and take a 15 minute nap because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. The talking and the standing and the moving around, you would think I was running a marathon or something!

I am very excited for this school year. There are big changes going on. We have a new principal and class sizes have increased by 20%, the teachers are talking strike because the district wants to cut our pay by 8% and I have to share a room with someone I don't get along with, but I'm excited for the challenges and looking forward to the blessings that will come from having to stretch myself in places that I would not normally go on my own. So far, my classes are great, even with the extra kids. The kids laugh at my jokes and sit in their seats at the end of the period. Nobody has thrown anything or cursed at me :) So, it has only been 2 days, but hey, I've had bad years too!!!

Quilting will slow down now that I have to work during the day, but I will keep working to improve my feathers and keep trying new things. I have a huge stash of fabric to work through that calls to me in the middle of the night.

No comments: