Monday, September 7, 2015

Laboring on Labor Day

 My quilting machine has been busy and so have I.  With the new school year and some new adventures, blogging has been taking a back seat.
 I have a special ed co-teaching class this year and the co teacher has only been there two days.  She has been very sick and in the hospital for part of the year.  I'm not really sure what is going on or if she will be coming back and have gone through no sub, and then three different subs so far.  Of course, these students are the least likely to handle change and stress well and I've already had several blow ups in the class in the 2 1/2 weeks of school.
 I forgot to schedule my next botox injection before this one ran out for my migraines and I've been having them again with more regularity.  I had one really bad one last Saturday and again this Saturday and again today.  Good thing I've learned to deal with the pain, nausea, visual issues and now more recently weak and shaking that goes along with them.
 My son starts college in 2 weeks and is pained by having to wait so long now that his friends are all gone and have started already.  He has been working a lot at his job at the train museum.  One of the reasons he chose a college close to home was so he could continue to work there, but has decided that he is finished with working.  He has one final day next Saturday.  He's really looking forward to his last day, although he has really enjoyed getting the chance to speak German to the tourists that come through.
 One of the things I've really been having fun with lately is digitizing things for embroidery.  I got a new program called Sew Art and it's pretty simple to learn.  You upload a picture, either drawing or photograph and with a few clicks, it turns it into an embroidery design.
 A friend of mine who taught my younger daughter when she was back in preschool has a daughter who loves to draw.  She drew these pictures and I turned them into embroidery designs.  I'm going to take them over to her and surprise her.  I made a pencil case and a shoulder bag out of them.
The cat took an hour to stitch and the wolf took 1 1/2 hours.  There is  a lot of detail in the embroidery, but I'm really happy with how they turned out.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Love to see that you have been busy, but I hate to hear that your migraines are back! Oh teacher or sub then 3 subs??? That is really hard - had similar when I was teaching my first year at high school, except it was my teaching assistant who had a sick kiddo and was gone so least I didn't have the discipline problems, but it felt like more then double the work and there never was a sub for her. Thank goodness my kids were really good or I would not have survived! Go get your shot so you quit having migraines, at least!!!