Sunday, February 17, 2013

My son, the sewist

 My son has made the bumper pads for the robot for the last two years.  He thinks it is cool that he's pretty much the only one on the team who can sew.  There are a couple of girls, but they don't volunteer.  Of course, he waited until the last minute to get them done, but this year's turned out way better than last year's.  I guess all those quilting sessions really helped.
Yesterday I managed to get some quilting time in and added borders and quilted up this super scrappy quilt.  I got the backing fabric at the Goodwill store that sells clothes by the pound.  I think this was a twin bead sheet or maybe shower curtain.  It was nice and wide.  I need to go back this week and see if they have any more.  I do love not having to piece a backing.  Of course, if I did piece the backings, I could get rid of some of the fabric I have.  My little guy tells me today, Mom, you won't believe this, but you have too much fabric.  Thanks dude!

No comments: