Sunday, October 9, 2011

no quilting, just grading and Binky Sunday today

It's been almost 2 weeks since I posted and no quilting has been going on.  Very sad :(  I've been very busy at work, grading and grading and grading.  I don't like it when I have to give up quilting for working.  There are just some times of the year when school takes over my life and I have to work on the weekends.  Teaching is a great career and there are a lot of times when you have time off, but then there are times when you work 16 hours on the weekend just to catch up to get further behind.  I wouldn't trade my job for any other, except maybe a zoo keeper.  I always wanted to be a zoo keeper or animal trainer.  I never could get my dog to fetch, so I'm not sure how well I would do at that, but I always thought that would be fun to work with wild animals.

Today is Binky Sunday and we will be at A Quilted Heart in Vacaville if anyone wants to stop by.  Carla will be demonstrating the robotic quilting machine they have in the shop for anyone who wants to stop by and see these fantastic machines.  Carla has a robotic machine and can really crank out the quilts!  I'm trying to get my son to make my quilting machine into a robot since he is in the robotics class at his high school this year.  He says by the time he graduates he will have figured out how to do it for me :)  Happy dancing!

I will be bringing my Go! cutter if anyone wants to try it out.  I know that once you get to play with it yourself, you will be hooked.  It cuts a quilt in just minutes and then you are ready for the really fun stuff--sewing and quilting.

I hope to remember to take some pictures today.  Usually I have too much fun and eventhough I bring my camera, forget to pull it out.  I'm looking forward to the break this afternoon from all of the grading and getting to spend some time with my Binky Buddies.

No comments: