Saturday, October 29, 2011

motivation

I just gave away about 100 quilts.  There is another lady in my city that is making blankets for the various homeless shelters and kid programs and the local newspaper did an article on her about a month ago.  I tried to contact her, but couldn't figure out how to get ahold of her.  Then, my friend Carla got in touch with her.  I knew Carla would figure out a way.  Turns out, she used to teach at the middle school that feeds into my high school.  What is it about teachers and quilting and charity giving?  Is it a genetic thing?

Well, she is retired now and has the time to make deliveries for me!  Woo Hoo!  We just loaded up her car and I still have more quilts here in case anyone calls and says they need some or an emergency comes up, but I have my living room back :)

Now, I feel motivated to get back to quilting again.  I just hope my shoulder cooperates!  She says she has shoulder troubles too and thinks it is from writing on the board and grading papers.  Hmmm, maybe I should give up those activities!  Sounds like a good plan to me.

No comments: