Sunday, June 24, 2012

my helper

Well, if I could wake my helper before noon, maybe we could get something done around here :)

What's up with teenage boys?  Do they really need to sleep 14 hours a day?  That just means they will grow 2 feet in 3 months.  He certainly eats enough for that.  Luckily for me, he has a girlfriend and her parents love him.  They take him out to dinner about once a week, or invite him over to eat.  I think they get great joy out of watching him eat and place bets on how much he can consume.  I offer to pay their grocery bill, but so far they haven't taken me up on the offer.  Once their house goes into foreclosure because they have spent all of their money on food, they may change their minds.

Man, I love this kid!

This quilt was made by my mom when my son was 2.  You can see it has gotten a lot of use in the last 13 years.  It is threadbare and the backing is almost completely gone. He says it is his favorite quilt because it forms to his body when he sleeps.  The new quilts are a little stiff still and don't move with him when he rolls over.  Poor guy has to sleep on the couch because his oldest sister is home from college.  One more week big guy and then she will be going off to China to teach English.

Don't Blink!

No comments: