Wednesday, June 27, 2012

my friend Rebecca came over to play

I feel like a kid back in elementary school today.  I had a play date with a quilting friend!  It was so much fun.  She came over and learned how to use the quilting machine.  I made her practice on one of the donation quilts first and then she went to town on her own quilt.  She did a great job.  Then, we sorted backing fabrics for about 30 quilt tops.  Looks like I will have my work cut out for me.  She is going to come over again and again and help me with quilting up these tops I have.  I counted 43 tops that have backings, plus a whole bucket we matched, plus another bucket I found that were already matched.  I had a goal of 60 quilts in 60 days, but at that rate I will never catch up.  She also took home about 40 quilt kits to sew together into tops. She is very ambitious.  She is in college and says she would like to major in charity crafting :)  She takes after me.  She says maybe she will be a teacher so she can have summers off to do charity work.  I like it!









1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

She looks like she is having a grand time!! Good luck on the 60 in 60 - I'll be watching LOL