Monday, January 16, 2012

Why I am not a plumber

 So Friday night my husband wakes me up and says he has broken the kitchen sink.  I only remember telling him to put a note on it so nobody uses it in the morning.  When I got up Saturday morning, there really wasn't a need for a note.  He had completely broken the handle off the old sink.  Don't even ask me how.  He says he was just getting water for the dog, but let me tell you, there was no mistaking the fact it was broken.
When the sink was leaking over the summer, I had called out a plumber and asked them how much it woudl cost to put in a new one.  $200 was the quote and I had to get my own sink.  Well, I'm cheap, so figured I could do it myself.  Seriously, how hard could it be?

Three trips to the hardware store later and I know why they charge $200.  Crawling under the sink and 6 hours later, I have a new sink :)  I hope this one lasts another 18 years.  Of course by then, I won't be able to crawl under the sink and will be happy to pay someone $400 to replace it.  But maybe my little guy will be willing to do it for me!

No comments: