Saturday, January 7, 2012

this one was crazy

measure twice, cut once???  How about lay the background fabric on the right way?  Why isn't that a rule?  I had the backing fabric cut right, but then loaded on the frame wrong so when I got to the end of the quilt, had a whole row to go and no backing fabric.  I had to remove the quilt, sew the backing fabric on and then put the quilt back on.  It's a good thing I've been quilting for a little bit or I would have just given up and started to cry!

Now that I can see the quilt in whole, it is a gorgeous quilt.  Sometimes when I am looking at the thing closeup, I can't really see it.  It is nice to have it in picture form and be able to see it like this.  Simple, but stunning.  Another quilt marked off the list.  The bucket of quilts isn't getting any smaller.  Why is that?

No comments: