Friday, January 13, 2012

not a great week for my high school

this week I found out the art teacher has stage 4 liver cancer and two students from the class of 07 passed away.  Also, after coming back from Christmas break, I had one student tell me she tried to commit suicide and I had to call her mom and let her know-a phone call I've never wanted to make!  And another student also tried to do the same and is in a mental institution and looks like she will be for quite some time.

If you have a chance to make a quilt or two and donate it to your local high school, I'm sure they would love to be able to give to some of the kids who are hurting.  Just drop the quilt off with the counseling office and they will know which kids to give them to.  I usually give the quilts to the school psychologist or the counselors and they pass the quilts along to the students.  Sometimes they tell them who the quilts are from and sometimes now.

I'm glad to have a 3 day weekend to rest, recover and quilt.  Sunday is Binky Sunday and I'm hoping to get lots of quilts tied and ready for binding.

Hug those you love!

No comments: