Sunday, January 29, 2012

Productive Sunday

 Started off with a migraine and I decided that I wasn't going to let that stop me.  I had blue quilting thread loaded on the machine, so pulled out this quilt top and backing and did a fern ziggle quilting on it.  Quick, mindless and fun.
 Then, since I was on a roll, this quilt top was also quick and easy.  This is a super sized 9 patch the kids at the middle school put together.  We have about 400 of them to do, many are being put together with ties now, but this was already matched with a backing and is just as quick to quilt so on the frame it went.
And finally, I have two friends who are expecting a baby in April.  Their theme is sailboats and I found this fabric on etsy.  The center is a panel and was very narrow.  I also found the border pieces as a one yard piece of fabric and it went together so well I decided to just add it.  The backing fabric is some gorgeous shells I have had for a long time that has been waiting for the perfect match to go with something.  I also found the cutest little turtle cutout that needed a home and it got sewn on the back of the quilt.  A cute little surprise.

a very productive Sunday

1 comment:

Richard Healey said...

I love baby quilts. Wife is pregnant with a girl and have made her 3 already this year. Such a fun thing to have a new baby on the way. This quilt will be loved.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com