Wednesday, July 25, 2018

a new quilt

Yesterday I started working on the boxes of scraps I have been sorting.  I think I have about 30 of the file boxes full of scraps. I cut 3 1/2 inch squares using my Accuquilt Studio fabric cutter and will be sewing them together to make blocks. I have several quilts I'd like to get finished before school starts.

We go back on August 20 and the kids come back on the 22nd.  That's not a lot of time.  I always laugh when I think that I ONLY have 4 weeks of vacation left.  Most people would be so happy to get 4 weeks of vacation.  I guess I've just been so spoiled by having summers off.  I find ways to keep busy every day and do enjoy every minute of my time off.  I read and look for new ideas to teach in the fall and of course spend lots of time playing with fabric.


No comments: