Tuesday, November 18, 2014

number 3

I know, my titles are so exciting!  Here's another cute tumbler quilt made by my friend Nancy.  I've known Nancy for over 20 years and she's one of my best friends.  I love how I can go for a very long time not talking to her and then call her up and pick up a conversation we had like we just talked yesterday.

I met Nancy when we both worked at the Christian elementary school.  I taught first grade and she taught Kindergarten.  We worked together for about 6 years before they closed down the school.  I went off to teach high school and she went back to get a special education degree.  She teaches special education in a district far away (about a 45 minute drive) and I'm trying to get her to come up to the high school to teach with me.  A position opened up this year and she almost jumped ship.

It is nice having her at another school site because she has been giving quilts to kids and families who are going through rough times.  She just gave a quilt to one of the students at her school who was diagnosed with brain cancer.  Last year a couple of the families at her school had fathers shot and killed.  She works in a really rough school district so this is fairly common.  She gave quilts to everyone in the family from our Binky Patrol group.

It's nice having a best friend for so long who shares a passion and understands your craziness.

No comments: