Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dangerous!

So, I went to the doctor today about my sore shoulder and he says I tore some muscles in there. Muscles I can't pronounce. He even pulled out his anatomy book to show me that they exist and that I need to be more careful. I told him it was from bowling, but we all know it was from quilting. I just couldn't tell him that I've been quilting so much lately that I hurt myself again. He is going to have me locked up for good! The last time I told him I hurt myself quilting, he called the men in the white suits, but they didn't get there fast enough to put me away, so I knew I had to come up with a better story. I really did probably hurt myself bowling and then didn't let it heal all the way before hurting it more quilting.

He says that a muscle tear takes 4-6 weeks to heal. Seriously? He also says that if I am doing something and it hurts that I should stop. Really? My doctor must think I am crazy. I may need to lower my expectations for the summer and take things easy for a while to give myself some time to rest and recover. I'm going to try lefthanded quilting a little and taking it easy and get my kids to help with things like vacuuming and driving (yay for my almost 16 year old) so I don't have to use the shoulder as much. A couple of weeks more and I should be as good as new. Now, just to keep from hurting myself again. The doctor also said to stretch before exercising. If only he knew, I don't exercise. Maybe I should stretch before quilting!

No comments: