Friday, July 29, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder



Or so the saying goes...


Let's just see if that saying is true for my quilting. Since I am going to take your advice and stay away from quilting for awhile and give my shoulder some time to heal, I am giving crocheting a go again. I learned to crochet when I was 12. A LONG time ago. I love to crochet, almost as much as I love to quilt. I stopped crocheting when I picked up quilting because you can finish a quilt much faster than you can finish a crochet afghan. But, I do have a lot of yarn stashed in the garage that needs to be used up, so, unless this hurts my shoulder too, I will be working on some baby things. These are a few of the hats I have been working on that will be headed to the NICU at the local hospital. I used to make a whole bunch of baby hats and booties for the hospital and it is fun to make them again. I love to knit too, so maybe I will pick that up again. Must keep the hands busy doing something. I hate just sitting there and watching TV and I feel like I have accomplished something after a couple of hours if I have something to show for my lazy times.


The pattern is similar to this one, but not exactly. I did it from memory, from making so many of these baby hats over the years. But this is a good one to start with, if you need a quick project to make for a friend. My hats come out smaller, because they are for preemie babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).

No comments: