Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goal reached, but no proof!

I can't believe I didn't take pictures of the final two quilts for the year.  I reached my goal of 300 quilts about 2 weeks ago and was going to post the pictures, but I can't seem to find them on the camera.  Of course, the quilts have been given away already, so there is no going back to take pictures :)  That's ok, I know they were finished and the goal was reached and now it is time to think of 2012 and goals for next year. 

I'm going to count the tied quilts as well as those done on the sit down machine this year.  My goals for this year will be to learn how to use the walking foot so that I'm not getting the puckers because I really like to be able to sit down and stitch up some quilts that way.  Lots of people do really nice work on their sit down machines and that's a skill I would like to have as well.

I've also found that I enjoy the process of hand tying quilts.  It is fun to sew the top and backing together and then sit on the couch and tie the knots.  Right over left, left over right, over and over again, until the quilt is put together.  Just like grandma used to do long ago.  (or my mom)

I'd like to get all of the quilt tops I currently have on hand finished up this coming year.  I'm not sure how many that is, but any new tops that come in will have to wait their turn.  At least in theory!

I will be taking pictures of the piles and buckets and quilts hanging on the quilting rack later today so I can compare at the end of the year to see the progress I have made.  Should be interesting to say the least.  What are your goals?

No comments: