Friday, June 24, 2011

Staying Motivated

I've been having a rough couple of days here between migraines and seeing all of the work that needs to get done. I just found a countdown to add to my blog to help keep me motivated to KEEP WORKING! Time is ticking by and my vacation will be over before I know it.

I did a little calculating and if I can get at least 4 quilts done a day, I will have over 200 quilts completed before I go back to work. For some of you getting 4 quilts done a day is an impossible task. For me, it is a piece of cake. As long as I have that as a goal, I can do it. Some days I will get 10 done and some days I won't get any done.

I get overwhelmed when I look in the sewing room and see what a mess it has become after all of the work that went into cleaning it for the TV crew. But, if I keep working at it a little at a time, the mess will not only be cleaned out, but the quilt tops will be all done and the fabric will be used up in the process. Just moving one pile from place to place isn't cleaning. It needs to be used and out of the house to make any progress around here.

So, back to work! Time is ticking by!

And to those of you with real jobs...sorry. I do love my summer vacations!

No comments: