Saturday, October 30, 2010

600th post

Wow, I can't believe I've had that much to say.


I'm doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that today. It is 11am and I'm still in my pj's! Loving that part of the day.


So far I've cleaned the kitchen--needed it badly after the week I've had, not much time to do much around here.


I tried to fix my friend's OLD sewing machine. It was stuck and I oiled and oiled it and got it moving, but it won't pick up the bobbin thread. She didn't have a bobbin and both bobbin's I've got don't seem to be the right one for it. I'm going to let it sit with the oil for a while until she can either find another bobbin or I can pick one up at the sewing machine shop the next time I'm in there.


I'm going to tackle the goodies I got last weekend and sort them and put them away. I plan to finish up the string blocks I started last week and start some new ones.


I love the look of string blocks, but they sure are slow going. At that rate, I would sew for 1,000 years and never use up that bucket of strings. There has to be a faster or easier way of making string blocks. I'm going to do a little research and see what I can come up with. I've seen people make string blocks without using foundations and I've seen people use old phone books as foundations. I tried making them without foundations and didn't have much luck. When I press, they get all wonky and crooked. I need to learn to press better I guess.


I have to clean up the front room too. That is the dumping room when we come in the house, everything gets dumped there and it amazes me how quickly things pile up.


Plus, today is laundry day. How can 5 people go through so much clothes in a week???



Yesterday my daughter played in the high school doubles tournament and they won! She has never played doubles before and it was really fun watching her. They finished off the night playing in the rain. It was going back and forth from drizzling to sprinkling to stopping and they were almost done. I'm just glad nobody slipped. The girls were having fun and wanted to finish, they were so close!


She was very excited.


She goes on to the next level next Thursday, another day off from school :)

No comments: